What is a bequest?
A bequest is a gift in your Will and can be cash or other assets. It is a simple and influential way to identify the things that are most important to you. It allows you to support causes you care about once you have passed. For a bequest to be legally enforceable, your Will must be in writing, signed and witnessed.
Why should I consider leaving a bequest?
During our lifetime unfortunately many of us are unable to give as generously as we would like due to personal circumstances.
Including a bequest in your Will is one of the best ways to leave a lasting legacy It is a gift with the power to transform lives well beyond your lifetime and will make a real difference to people who need it most.
Who should benefit from my Will?
Making a Will can be enormously satisfying. It provides a rare opportunity to objectively assess your life and to review your relationships. Deciding who will benefit from your will is deeply personal. For most people, the first priority is to provide for the immediate needs and future security of family, relatives and others who have been close during your lifetime.
Once you have taken care of your loved ones, you may want to leave a gift to a charitable cause that is close to your heart such as Anglicare SQ.
Why should I leave a bequest to Anglicare SQ?
Leaving a bequest to Anglicare SQ (ABN 87 813 355 862) will support a wide range of essential programs and services. .It will make a difference to the lives of many especially to the vulnerable, at-risk and disadvantaged people who need help the most.
Many Anglicare SQ services and programs are designed and arise in response to community needs, situations and challenges. Your bequest will help ensure these vital programs continue for individuals, families and children who are given the support and care they require to live more positive, fulfilling lives.
Large or small, your gift will be valued greatly and will help us to:
- reduce the number of homeless people in South East Queensland
- prevent or decrease child abuse and neglect, family breakdown and distress
- address youth issues and support young people in crisis
- provide foster care to over 1500 vulnerable children each year
- teach new things to people in need, such as reading and writing
- drive that extra mile to regional and remote locations where the frail and unwell live alone and isolated
- care for the aged and give them the independence they need to live happier and healthier lives
- support people living with chronic illness and mental health conditions
- respond and take action when and where it is needed most
How do I leave a bequest to Anglicare SQ?
You may choose to leave a bequest to Anglicare SQ in the form of:
- A percentage of your total estate. You can leave your entire estate or any percentage you choose to Anglicare SQ. This way, as the value of your assets increases or decreases, your legacy will adjust accordingly.
- A gift of the residue of your estate. You can choose to leave the whole or part of what remains of your Estate to Anglicare SQ.
- A gift of a specific sum of cash.
- A particular property or item, such as real estate, shares or personal items. You may choose to give a specific amount of money or items such as shares, paintings or property. However, this does not allow for changes in your circumstances or for inflation.
You may also choose to leave your bequest 'freely' which allows us to allocate your gift where it is most needed at the time, or for a specific purpose.
Suggested wording for a Will
Anglicare SQ can provide you with suggested Wording for a Will to assist you with your bequest.
Need further information?
Anglicare Southern Queensland is an Anglican non-profit organisation providing care and support services. Anglicare Southern Queensland (ABN 87 813 355 862), Webber House, 439 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland is a Public Benevolent Institution and an Income Tax Exempt Charity.