Position: Executive Director
- Community care services
- Residential aged-care
- Community aged-care
Career: Karen has 25 years experience in health care in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors including senior management experience in acute care, residential aged care, palliative care and community care. She has been a senor clinician in acute nursing in emergency care and intensive care. She also was a policy advisor to the Office of the Chief Nurse (Queensland).
Position: Director Service Enablement & Strategy
- Business development
- Client systems management and strategic projects
- Assistive technologies.
Career: Alison Zappala has Nursing and Business qualifications. Alison is an experienced registered nurse of 14 years and has worked in both public and private hospitals in both Australia and the UK and as a senior manager of community and aged care services since 2006.
Position: Regional Manager Metro South
- Mental health (community, families, people with disabilities)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Family dysfunction and work place stress
- Family systems
- Family dynamics
- Family law and its effect on family dynamics
- Management practices – change management and supporting people in the workplace and its impact on family dynamics as they struggle with change.
Career: Shane began his career as a pastor in the Lutheran Church. He became a psychologist in the private sector after completing his doctorate. He worked for Comcare – the body that administers the Commonwealth Workers Compensation Scheme (workplace stress claims) and the Workers Compensation Board of Qld. He has been a management consultant in change management in the disability and family service sector and then went on to work for Spiritus Kinections as a change management lead. Currently he is a regional manager for Anglicare SQ.
Position: Manager Sexual Assault Services (Living Well)
- Organisational and government responses to men who have been subjected to childhood sexual abuse or sexual assault including partners, friends and family.
Career: Gary has been a police officer (Metropolitan Police London -15 years), counsellor/facilitator Men’s Group (Living Without Violence), lecturer/tutor University of Queensland and manager relationship service Living Well
Position: Manager Mental Health Services (A Place to Belong)
Career: Neil began the Anglicare Mental Health Project as a research worker. When this research was completed (1999) government funding was secured and the project morphed into A Place to Belong.